At Relaxation Dentistry, we offer the following list of services.
Preventative Care for the entire family:
- Digital X-Rays
- Fluoride Treatments
- Oral Cancer Screening
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint)/Myofascial Screening
- Whitening (Take-Home Trays or In-Office Power Whitening)
- White Fillings
Endodontics/Root Canals: Approximately 90% or more of root canal treatments are done in our office. Only very complex root canal treatment requires a referral to a specialist. Most root canal treatments can be completed in a 60-90 minute appointment.
Same Day Crowns: Using Cerec CAD/CAM technology that has been developed and used for over 20 years, we are able to make your crown in a 90 minute appointment or less right in our office. No more impressions and no more temporaries!
Replacement of missing teeth:
- Partial Dentures
- Complete Dentures
Dental Sleep Medicine: Mandibular Repositioning Appliances for Snoring and/or Sleep Apnea
Splints and Athletic Mouthguards: Splints can be worn at night or during the day to help minimize damage to the teeth caused by clenching and grinding. They can also be worn to minimize or eliminate symptoms from TMJD (Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction) and Myofascial (Facial) pain.
Sedation Dentistry: Approximately 50% of our patients have some form of dental anxiety. Our office was designed, and our approach is tailored to the special needs of anxious patients. Many patients elect to have some form of sedation, even for their cleaning appointments.
Our sedation options include the following:
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)
- Oral Medications to minimize anxiety
- Oral Conscious Sedation: Oral medication that induces light sleep during the dental appointment and the patient may have very little memory of the visit afterwards
Periodontal (Gum) Care:
- Scaling and Root Planing: A deeper cleaning for patients with gum disease. Generally patients are given local anesthetic (numbing) and the teeth are cleaned in the diseased areas above and below the gumline to stop or slow the progression of gum disease. The teeth are cleaned ultrasonically or with hand instruments to remove build up and bacteria.
- Crown lengthening: When there isn’t enough tooth structure above the gumline to adequately restore it with a crown, the gumline can be lowered slightly with either laser or surgical reshaping to allow the tooth to be crowned.
- Laser gingival recontouring (gumline reshaping): If the gumline is lower than it should be or if your gumline is uneven, a laser can be used to gently reshape and maximize esthetics.
- Laser Assisted Pocket Reduction: For patients with gum disease, diode laser treatments can reduce periodontal (gum) pocket depth approximately 1mm per treatment. A thin laser is gently placed below the gumline in the pockets for about 1 minute after scaling and root planning to kill bacteria and promote revascularization (new blood vessel growth) to the diseased areas.
Oral Surgery: Most teeth can be extracted in our office without the need for a referral to a specialist. Approximately 50% of all 3rd molars (wisdom teeth) extraction requires a referral to a specialist.